Manual Lymphatic Drainage
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) Therapy is designed to improve the functioning of the lymphatic system.
What is Manual Lymphatic Drainage?
Manual Lymphatic Drainage stimulates the lymphatic vessels which carry substances vital to the defense of the body and removes waste products. This is achieved through gentle, rhythmical movements of the skin which stimulates the contraction of the lymphatic vessels. A well functioning lymphatic system contributes to healthy body tissue and plays an important part in the body’s immune responses.
The Benefits of Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapy
Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) or Combined Decongestive Therapy (CDT) can treat conditions which include:
- Primary and secondary Lymphoedema.
- It may assist in improving chronic conditions which include; sinusitis, rheumatoid arthritis and scleroderma.
- May be used for pre and post surgery to aid healing.
- Promotes the healing of wounds and burns and can improve the appearance and texture of old scars.
- An aid to the healing of leg ulcers.
- A key element in the treatment of venous oedema.
- Traumatic oedema.
- Alleviates fluid congestion such as tired puffy eyes and fluid retention due to pre-menstrual syndrome.
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy – Sudeck atrophy (post traumatic osteoporosis).
- Migraines and frozen shoulders.
- Skin conditions, facial common acne and acne rosacea.
- Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
- Can be intensely relaxing.
- May strengthen the immune system as part of “detox” treatment.
- Can be used to speed healing after cosmetic surgery.
We have an experienced therapist who is an ex State Registered Nurse, and a fully qualified Vodder combined decongestive therapist.
She has successfully completed the fundamental, advanced and lymphoedema kinesio taping courses; and is also trained in the use of the Physiopod Hivamat 200 system (deep oscillation).
She is a member of Mlduk, the British Lymphology Society and Lymphoedema Support Network.