What is Counselling?
Counselling provides an opportunity for you to explore your difficulties and problems in a safe environment with the support of a trained counsellor. You will be able to share your thoughts and feelings in a way that can bring new understanding, both of problems and of yourself.
At any point in your life you may have difficulty in coping or be facing challenges; you may feel ‘down’ or overwhelmed by life. You might find it hard to talk to family or friends for fear of burdening or hurting them, or you may feel that they contribute to your problems.
Counselling can help if you are:
- Stressed, anxious or depressed
- Having problems with relationships
- Feeling lonely, isolated or hopeless
- In need of understanding and support
- Going through a personal crisis or life change
- Struggling with health issues
- Finding it hard to cope
- Have low self-esteem or confidence
- Looking for more meaning in your life
- We have a fully trained and experienced counsellor, who can offer brief or longer term counselling, according to your needs and situation.Sessions are normally held weekly and last one hour.